During the course of office closures and limited client access to agency offices, Community Action will accept online applications.
The online application will require the client to enter the necessary information and upload the required documents via the following online link:
Staff will review the online application for completeness before processing any promise to pay. Clients will receive a confirmation when your application is accepted and processed. Clients will be contacted if there is anything needed.
You will need to bring the following information to your appointment:
1) Valid (non-expired) Photo ID with birth date for ALL household members ages 18 and over.
2) Social Security Card for ALL household members.
3) Proof of disability, (documentation required).
4) Proof of Income for ALL household members:
a) The Last 3 pay stubs
b) Social Security, Retirement, Pension, Death Benefits, VA award letters, (cannot use bank statement).
c) TANF award letter (cash assistance)
d) Food Stamp Verification Award Letter (cannot use food stamp card)
e) Child Support Verification (Last 3 check stubs, or letter from Child Support)
f) Unemployment or Workers Compensation Award Letter
g) Financial Aid Award Letter
5) Most Recent Utility Bill (Utility Bill must be in the name of the person applying, and applicant must reside in the household.)
Note: All household members must be on the lease.
*** Income must be gross income. Bank Statements are NOT acceptable.
All DOCUMENTATION MUST BE CURRENT. If you do not bring all documents to your appointment, you will have to restart the process with a new appointment.
Office visits will resume at an appropriate time.
To complete an application for service, please contact your local Community Action office. Click here for your local county information.